There are many reasons why a person may have need of restorative dentistry. Even those who implement good oral hygiene may find themselves with teeth that may have become decayed, damaged, or lost. Fortunately, there are many treatment and procedure options available to you . Dr. Hill and his staff will perform a thorough examination and then consult with you your options depending on your unique needs.
Our restorative procedures and treatments include:
- Fillings – When small tooth fractures or tooth decay is identified through routine cleanings or dental exams, a filling is a great treatment option. They are very durable, stain-resistant, and tooth colored giving you a natural look while preserving most of your natural tooth enamel.
- Crowns – Dental crowns (also called “caps”) help restore functionality of a tooth damaged by excessive decay, protect cracked or broken teeth, or replace an existing crown. A porcelain crown will appear and function the same as your original healthy tooth.
- Bridges – Bridges are used to replace missing teeth and are supported by existing teeth surrounding the missing tooth. They not only improve the aesthetics, they prevent migration and restore the function of missing teeth which can affect your bite and speech. It fills spaces using dental implants or partial dentures.
- Bonding – Involves placing an enamel-like material on teeth which is shaped, hardened, and then polished to help close spaces between teeth or cover the entire outside surface of a tooth to change its color and shape. It can also be used to treat small cavities and slightly broken or chipped teeth.
- Root Canal – Procedure used to treat nerve pulp that has become infected or inflamed. Treatment will help rescue the tooth in distress and hopefully alleviate pain associated with the damaged nerve root.